Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Funny/weird Dream

So I woke up this morning at like 9:30 ish and promptly fell back asleep and woke up again about an hour later, in that time I had this dream:

So we are all going to a campground, but it's a place with cabins that looks (mostly but not exactly) like Julie and Seth's house. There's a bunch of these tiny white "cabins" lined up. We get there, we unpack, it's uneventful really... but then everyone has to leave to go work on some shirts (I don't know if we are making shirts like a queer YM/YW activity or something or if we work there or what). Well me and Stacy don't have much to do, there just isn't that much work to do, so me and her leave and go for a walk (no sign of Kali in the dream, sorry :( we go walking around this big pond area behind the cabins. While back there I decide to try some fishing.

(about the pond, it's like half-pool it's vaguley rectangular on one long side and one short side which has a diving board, but the other two walls of the pool don't have cement and aren't rectangular, make sense?

So I cast the line out into the middle of this pond and start walking back towards Stacy when I get a bite! but I try reeling it in and it's stuck, so I think I may have just snagged on some weeds, but then the line starts moving with a fish on it so I reel it in... and this good sized (about 16 inches long) fish comes out. So I have Stacy take some pictures of the fish on the line. (It looked something like the sharks in this video only less sharky, darker color more like a fish: VID

But I go to let the fish off the line and I get creeped out! I don't want to touch the thing, it's creepy looking and I hate fish, so I decide to just lay the pole down on the ground with the line in the water until I can get someone else to do it. So as I put the fish in the water another fish just like this one jumps out of the water! just behind Stacy, and it kind of crawls forward a little bit and I say "hey, I just put that other fish back in the water, go back in there!" and so the fish slowly wriggles itself back into the water...

Just then someone comes walking up with me and Stacy's shorts (I guess the rest of the family was making shorts and shirts and was done with the shorts) she goes to pick up the fishing pole but I tell her what's going on and she drops it and saunters off.

Then Dad comes walking by, and I stop him and I tell him "hey dad, I've got this fish on the line over here but I don't want to touch it to get it off, will you do it?" and he's like "cool, of course" So Dad picks up the line and starts reeling in, I look to the bottom of the water and I see a fish that looks bigger than the one I hooked but I assume it's just the water magnifying it....
Then out of no where this fish comes shooting out of the water, and it was as giant as I thought, it's like 20 feet long! and HUGE! and it almost lands on me and Dad but we get out of the way and it's sitting there with it's giant mouth. and dad looks at me "you caught a fish that big?" and then I woke up. it looked kind of like a whale shark:


2 comments:

Theresa said...

wierd. Do you know that water dreams usually indicate something you aren't facing in your subconscience? maybe you have some unresolved guilt about switching team loyalties this year. The small fish is utah and you realize subconsciously that they will be replaced by the bigger and better BYU team that Dad supports. Im not Joseph or anything, but that's my interpretation.

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

How random!